Saturday, June 16, 2012

Twitter

I work at a shiny high Tech place and I sometime feel as if I am in the film Logan's Run but have somehow managed to dodge the bullet and make it to my 50s. Most of the people are under 35. Most of the people are also extremely clever. I am one of the stupider people and I have post graduate qualifications. Because they are young and clever it has been occuring me that a good means of selling the library services would be through Twitter. However, when I set up an account for home use a couple of years ago it seemed to be just people talking about what they had eaten for dinner. And so much of it! It was anarchy! But I am aware that many people are finding out work related things very quickly through Twitter. I knew I had to get to grips with it. Then I was talking to one of the young PR people who was grateful to me for going above and beyond with some bibliometric work I did for her (don't ask). She asked if I was on Twitter and when I replied no, that I needed to get to grips with it she announced that she would give me a Twitter lesson! Huzzah! I will become part of the Twitterati and have some chance of keeping up with the bright young things!

2 comments:

oreneta said...

I have a twitter account, which I have been neglecting lately, but if you follow clever interesting people, it is OK.....

Helen said...

You need to talk to Kate - she is tweeter extraordinaire! I never find anything much personally, but I don't think I focus on it