Monday, February 23, 2009

Brian has a car

Brian has a new car too now. Also 29k miles for a diesel VW Passat estate which he also got last week, so we are terribly posh now. My new car does 50 miles to the gallon on a sedate motorway drive!

Isn't it nice that Slumdog Millionaire has done so well in the Oscars? It is such a brilliant film I am really glad that something with no political axe to grind in Hollywood has done so well.

I am going to Cheltenham on Saturday to look at a shop selling office chairs for people with bad backs to see if I can find something I really like, and then persuade my boss to buy it for me. You really need to sit in them, and some of them look really odd on the screen. It should be entertaining anyway.

3 comments:

oreneta said...

I've never even heard of slumdog millionaires which shows how horribly out of the loop I am....and what about a photo of the cars...though I suppose I could look them up on line. At least the chore is done. Good luck with the chairs, some do look totally freaky...

Boo and Trev said...

I loved Slumdog too. An excellent win. I will be interested to hear how you get on with the chair.

Anonymous said...

Love Slumdog - watched it last week in my hotel room in Chicago when I was all jet-lagged but still loved it - seems you no longer have to wait but can now go to a hotel to watch films that are still in the cinema - if you prefer lying in bed with room service to sitting in a dark room with strangers and popcorn.
Joanne in Paris