Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fancy dress party

My friend from university Lucy turned 30 at the weekend and had a party in Devon, where she lives, to celebrate. The genius theme of the fancy dress party was that everyone had to come dressed as a song title, which I thought was brilliant as there's a huge amount of scope to be quite creative. I ended up going as 'Purple Rain' by Prince, mainly because I had a new purple dress I wanted to wear so needed to theme my outfit around that. However I did get quite creative with the cardboard and the sellotape to create the rain element of my ensemble (that's a cloud on my head by the way...just in case you were wondering...)
There were some really brilliant costumes though, my favourite being a guy who came in full Arab regalia and had a long string around his neck with a rattle tied one end and a bread roll tied to the other - so he was 'Shake, Rattle and Roll' (or more accurately, 'Sheikh, Rattle and Roll'). Loved it. Below are some of the other girls including Cath (far left - 'Killer Queen'), Emilie (middle - 'Moulin Rouge') and Lucy the birthday girl (far right - 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds') who had the pleasure of living with me for 3 years at Aston. So was a fun party and a great excuse for a bit of a reunion. Love Kate xxxx

No comments: