Sunday, March 04, 2007

BLOOD...... Just learned about titles - have to make the most of it!

I - who generally consider myself to be invincible, and until i had kids - immune to all kinds of squeamishness - discovered in university that in fact once i had bravely gone to give blood, and was lying there watching the bag going back and forth and back and forth and back and forth.... i suddenly found some kind of artistic soul (having until that point been pure logic all the way) and realized that it felt as if my life essence was being sucked out of me down that tube and had better stop leaving me immediately. Subsequently waved feebly at a nurse who YANKED the tube out of my arm and spun me straight into a head down - feet in the air position - without even asking me what was up... what if i just wanted to go to the bathroom? Anyway - ever since have felt that i have a legitimate reason to NOT try again. Wonder greatly at poor Indian people who despite total hunger give blood once a week to make money....
Speaking of hunger - bravo Kate! Tadziu is on a nauseatingly disciplined diet - eats and drinks almost nothing and has lost 7 kilos in something like 10 days. Yes - am about to kill him naturally :-) Keep it up - your graph looks very impressive - am about to adopt that technique for work :-)

4 comments:

oreneta said...

Go Tadeusz!!! I am so impressed.

Adrian Jones said...

Thanks Joanne! At least I'm not the only one with an horrific blood giving experience - apparently Kieran has one too, strength in numbers. Have to say, pretty much feel I've got a legitimate excuse not to go back EVER again!

Diet has stalled this week due to the homecoming of Carl from the middle East - much alcohol and food has been consumed in celebration so I'm thinking the graph might just plateau this week :)

Congrats to Tad but don't you just HATE the way guys just drop weight whenever they feel like it?! Grrrr.

Helen said...

I'm with Kate - I hate the way men shed weight like trees in autumn everytime they begin to diet. However congratulations on all you dieters losing weight. I am about to try yet again, especially as all I appear to have eaten in Austria was wienerschnitzel and cake - serious fruit and veg shortages over there.

Mr K said...

Heh, well after my experience I did eventually go back and give blood... I'm not sure I'm willing to share the original experience. It was somewhat embarassing for me. Lets just say that I have come close to fainting on exactly one occasion in my life....