Thursday, February 15, 2007

Family book group

OK, I'm game for this, how do you want to structure it? I've never done any sort of book group before. I'm reading Persuasion by Jane Austin, which I am enjoying more while I read it than when I think about reading it. That may sound strange but it is true. I think I am not in love with the story line, so I don't look forward to it much, but the writing is so good that once my nose is in it I'm off. D.H. Lawrence's Lady Chatterley's Lover is also on the go. I've never read it, and it keeps being referred to. It's time. Also The Good Earth, by Pearl S. Buck, although I am not really enjoying that one, it is pre-revolution wealth peasant life in China, and I am just waiting for the shoe to drop.....Also a book about Parc Guell in Barcelona. Did you know that some of Gaudi's imagery was also Masonic? I find this hard to believe in such a staunch Catholic. Plus I have Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi lined up. I started it last summer then it got put aside. Someone brought me a copy, and I'll give it another go.

I am not really into depressing books, although the extensive selection of Virginia Woolf's at the local library may head me in that direction.

So, how does this work?

No comments: