Monday, January 02, 2012

New Year resolutions

Hmm.  It's that time of year when I resolve to make myself a better person.  Last year I resolved to actually finish all the books for my book group which I did, sometime moaning like a small child through the entire tome.  The year before I resolved to try a new recipe every week.  Which I sort of did but it's not always practical.
So this year I was thinking of having a screen free day once a week (obviously, not counting work).  BUT  I don't think I can do it.  No computer, email, TV or cinema.  I am not that strong! Just do the eating less and taking more excercise as usual I suppose.  Sigh! 
Maybe I should read Proust of War and Peace or something but I'm not convinced it will improve me.
Good luck with your resolutions whatever they are.

8 comments:

Helen said...

I think the idea of Proust of War and Peace a bit daunting! I am aiming to get my fitness levels up by taking regular uphill exercise so I won't be so far behind in Sept

Boo and Trev said...

Trouble with War and Peace is I only ever like the Peace bits when I have tried it. I have now resolved to have at least one vegetarian meal a week. Thus saving money and increasing my repetoire and avoiding Proust!

Adrian Jones said...

I've made my resolutions which include:

* Run a half marathon (one I might live to regret)
* Write at least one entry a week on my blog
* Stop putting off boring chores and just do them so they're over and done with
* Visit Hampton Court Palace (which is a nice one)
* Budget which I'm having to do anyway on account of having a lot less money these days

Oh and what was the other one, let me see...oh yes lose weight, eat healthy blah, blah, same one I've had since the dawn of time.

I like the veggie meal idea Boo, I might pinch that one and give it to Carl :)

xxxx

Boo and Trev said...

OOh Hampton Court, lovely. Is that a friend related outing or one that Martins could rudely invite themselves onto?

Adrian Jones said...

It's not an anything related outing other than the fact I really want to go there - in fact if you wanted to come it would stop me probably going on my own!

Ooo exciting, shall we try and plan that in some time then? Am sure Mum would fancy it too. That would be really great!

oreneta said...

Anything that avoids Proust is probably a good resolution, and you honesty is probably one you don't need to make!

Kate, I didn't know you had a blog!

Helen said...

The only Proust related things which are appealing is eating madeleine's though I'm not sure what they are. Maybe eating a macaroon a week would do as Proust related activity?

Mr K said...

my new years resolution is to learn to drive. Oh, and to become a Doctor!