Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Back to reality...

...it's amazing how quickly life has returned to normal post-wedding. I have struggled through the past few days really with post-wedding blues and can see why it's the tradition for newlyweds to go on honeymoon straight away because going back to work only 2 days later really sucked.

I have to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who came to the wedding and to everyone who's so generously donated to our Trailfinders list. We've been frankly overwhelmed with the generosity and want to say a big, big thank you. We are sooooo excited about our trip to South Africa - less than a month to go now, whoop! The biggest thank you however has to go to Mum who was a total hero and not only made 110 cupcakes, arranged all the flowers, got up at 5am on the wedding day to try and coax the tiger lillies into opening (which they didn't but we did get a bit of a refund at least), and was altering my dress at the last minute - not only did she do all this but she was calm and supportive throughout, even when I was getting bridezilla-ish and stressed. AND she looked fabulous on the day after all her hard work :) So thank you Mum, you are the best.

Needless to say we both had an absolutely amazing time on the wedding day - the best day ever in fact - and hope everyone did who came too. I'm not going to post any more pictures as everyone must be sick of the sight of us by now, but I will do a Picasa album of the professional pictures once they come through. I'm very excited about getting them and feel really glad this is something we spent some money on because the day after the wedding when we woke up and it was all over and you realise how much money you spent it's quite scary! But the pictures should be something we treasure forever.

We had a lovely couple of days at Brian's cottage post wedding and mostly slept and ate left over cheese and curry which was just what we needed (thank you Brian).

So again, a big thank you and I leave you with just one picture which is of our best present (thank you Erin!) and also to say that it is soooooo exciting that Moira and John are now engaged!! Think I might turn into some kind of wedding groupie now as I know just how fantastic a time they have ahead of them! Congrats guys :)

Love Kate xxxx

4 comments:

Helen said...

Thank you for the thank yous - but it was all my pleasure (except the irritating tiger lilies). Congratulations to both of you for all the work and planning which made the day go so well.

By the way, I do have the umbrella

Helen said...

Thank you for the thank yous - but it was all my pleasure (except the irritating tiger lilies). Congratulations to both of you for all the work and planning which made the day go so well.

By the way, I do have the umbrella

Erin said...

ahh im glad you liked it!!

Thank you for inviting me, had such a lovely day, though I have to admit, I did feel a little cheesed out after the weekend!!

I have bored anyone who will listen to me about the wedding cheese, am still in awe!!

xxxx

Adrian Jones said...

The cheese does seem to be the top talking point - it's good to be different though, just glad everyone liked it :)

xxxx