Sunday, September 21, 2008

Did it!


So this morning I ran 10k in 1 hour and 14 minutes for Cancer Research UK. This is a slower time than I had hoped to do, however the course was way harder than I thought it was going to be! We rounded the first corner and there was a HUGE hill, followed by several other hills, a nice bit of down hill in the middle and then another couple of the beggars at the end. It was also 'multi-terrain' i.e. mud track which I haven't really practised on. But I'm making no excuses, I'm proud of my achievement and it was a beautiful day so I got to see some great views of the Wiltshire country side too (it's quite nice outside of Swindon). Here's a pic of me with two other girls I know that also ran today.

Thank you very much to everyone who has sponsored me - I have had a lot of support and let me tell you, it really helps when you're puffing up hill wondering what the bloody hell you're doing there! Between online and offline donations I've actually already beaten my target of £250 but obviously it would be great to donate as much as I can. If you haven't already, you can still sponsor me here (mum!): http://www.run10ksponsorme.org/katemcnabb
Love Kate xxxx

No comments: