Well done, Brian, I look forward to hearing the concert on the radio.
So from the sublime to the ridiculous. I have to set a round for a quiz next week. It is going to be lyrics from musicals and films. I thought I might test it out on my extended family and see if I've pitched it right. Could you let me know how many you get without googling it - I will tell you the answers if you like.
1.A lady doesn't leave her escort
It isn't fair, it isn't nice
A lady doesn't wander all over the room
And blow on some other guy's dice.
2. Is he tough? Listen, Bud! He’s got radioactive blood.
3. Now when you pick a pawpaw
Or a prickly pear
And you prick a raw paw
Next time beware
4. Lots of chocolates for me to eat,
Lots of coal making lots of 'eat.
Warm face, warm hands, warm feet,
5. If it should chance to be
We should see
Some harder days
Empty larder days
6. Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk,
I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.
7. We're drawin' the line,
So keep your noses hidden!
We're hangin' a sign,
Says "Visitors forbidden"
And we ain't kiddin'!
8. But now these days are gone, I’m not so self assured
Now I find I’ve changed my mind I’ve opened up the doors
9. Don't see lights a flashin'
Plays by sense of smell
Always gets a replay
Never tilts at all
10. There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple too